Golden Globes Nail Watch – Ginnifer Goodwin & Jeanne Tripplehorn

jeanne-tripplehorn-ginnifer-goodwin-67th-golden-globes-nails Big Love “sister wives” Ginnifer Goodwin and Jeanne Tripplehorn braved the rain-soaked Golden Globes carpet together looking, quite frankly, like a mother-daughter duo.  Jeanne’s matronly dress does no justice to her beauty though she does score points in the nail department for donning a chic, browned-grey nail.

As mentioned on E!’s Live From The Red Carpet, the co-stars spent their pre-show time together as well, with pampering manis & pedis at Recess Organic Nail Spa in LA accompanied by Ginnifer’s mom.  Get the full scoop on their nail polish choices and see my color swatches after the jump!

ginnifer-goodwin-jeanne-tripplehorn-golden-globes-nail-polish After their Recess Basic Manicure & Pedicure with Organic Foot Scrub for extra exfoliation, the ladies relaxed with a hand & foot massage and warm bamboo towel treatment.

To compliment her vibrant cobalt gown, Ginnifer chose famed metallic, Chanel Gold Fiction.  As you know, Gold Fiction was a limited edition shade and no longer available.

Jeanne selected a Chanel polish as well, opting for the recently launched Particulière.

Ginnifer’s mom who attended the ceremony with her daughter went for a classic, Chanel Vamp.

Chanel Gold Fiction
chanel-gold-fiction-swatch-sunlight

Chanel Particulière
chanel-particuliere-le-impressions-de-chanel

Chanel Vamp
chanel-vamp-le-vernis-nail-polish

Chanel Particulière and Vamp are currently available on the Chanel.com website for $23/ea and at Chanel counters nationwide.

How did Ginnifer and Jeanne do in selecting their nail shades? Would you do it differently? How?

image credit: WireImage & Celebutopia

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. I like Gold Fiction with the blue dress! Good combo!! However, with that black dress, I would have done a really bright red. Add some color to the look!

2. Lauren says:

I love both of their choices. I spent most of my junior & senior years of college (’99-’01) wearing mac gold polish (I wish I could remember the name). So, Ginnifer’s look makes me a little nostalgic and although I wouldn’t choose gold for an everyday look now, I think it looks great with her dress. As for Particulière, I’m digging it more and more… I may have to splurge.

3. Christina K says:

I heart all three of those colors!

4. Samantha says:

Love Gold Fiction! It seems like you can’t see it too well in photos, but it probably looked nice, supplying a subtle bit of contrast against the blue. Particulière just seems way too neutral for Jeanna’s drab outfit though, seeing a bright red or green would have been nice.

5. Pia says:

Boring black dress and taupe nails? I don’t know… Yes sure, it’s edgy and everything, but the look could have used some color imho. A bright coral creme would have looked great on her!

Gold Fiction is just fabulous wth that dress. Love it! <3

6. Faye says:

The manicures look great, and I LOVE Ginnifer’s dress — pretty, young, fresh, and unique! I’m so disappointed in Jeanne Tripplehorn, though. She’s a beautiful woman with a fab figure, and she’s wasted in that dress. I’m actually a fan of conservative, modest dress, but you can accomplish that while still being stylish as well! Shame on her stylist.

7. Maggie says:

love the Particulière, and i’m not usually into brown-type shades.

8. Echo7 says:

I wish that was the “classic” Vamp but it’s not. The new Vamp is a lighter shimmer. THE classic Vamp is a darker rich creme. I love the true Vamp and I hate that Chanel changed it. :(

9. CandyPaint says:

I love the blue and gold combo. Her dress is so super FIERCE!!!, might I add.

10. Christine says:

I think they were both great choices. Loooooooove Particulere. I wonder which designer made Ms. Tripplehorn wear that dress? I can’t imagine she wore it willingly.