When it comes to makeup, I’m all about neutrals and keeping things simple, but I’m loving all the bold lip colors that are trending this spring. If you follow me on Instagram or SnapChat, you know I can’t get enough of the new Burt’s Bees® 100% Natural Lipstick in Magenta Rush (been wearing it non-stop), so I’m working with Burt’s Bees® and EcoTools® to create a fresh spring makeup look around that shade.
Key Products and Tools
My skin is far from perfect, I have a lot of redness and sun spots, but on a day-to-day I prefer a BB cream to full coverage foundation. Enter the Burt’s Bees® BB Cream. It comes in three mineral-rich shades, offers lightweight coverage and feel, and has faint lemon scent that reminds me of the Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. Bonus, it includes physical sunscreen protection (SPF 15). It does a great job of evening out my skin tone without looking heavy or cakey.
The focus of this look is the lip color, specifically Burt’s Bees® 100% Natural Lipstick in Magenta Rush. These new lipsticks come in 14 full-coverage, satin-finish shades and the natural formula contains moisturizing ingredients including Beeswax, Moringa Oil, and Raspberry Seed Oil. I love the feel of these 8-hour wear lippies. They impart a healthy, moist look to even the driest lips, like mine, and really deliver the pigment power. You can find all these products at your local WalMart. Burt’s Bees® can be found in the natural beauty section. EcoTools® in Cosmetic Accessories.
A makeup look is only as good as the tools used to apply it. For this tutorial I relied on the EcoTools® Six Piece Day-to-Night Brush Set and Blending & Bronzing Brush. The Day-to-Night set includes a lip liner brush, pointed concealer brush, eye shadow brush, angled face brush and highlighting fan brush in a cute zip-up pouch that has extra slots for additional brushes, like the Blending & Bronzing Brush.
The brushes are super soft and made of eco-friendly materials like recycled aluminum, bamboo handles, and cruelty-free, precision-cut bristles Note: The domed top on the pointed concealer brush also makes it a great crease brush, which is how I used it.
Spring Makeup Tutorial
1. I always start with my eyes so I can fix any mistakes without ruining my base makeup. After filling in my brows, I swept on a pink champagne shade over my lids using the EcoTools® Eye Shadow Brush.
2. Next, I deepened my crease with a pink chocolate hue using the EcoTools® Pointed Concealer Brush. It’s so soft that it makes blending in the crease so easy.
3. To complete the eye look I used a black gel liner on my upper lash line, a liner pencil to tightline the top and bottom rims of my eyes, and a quick swipe of mascara.
4. No matter what face product I use, I always start with an illuminating primer. My sahara-like skin needs it. After letting that sink in, I applied the Burt’s Bees® BB Cream in Light, buffing it in around the edges with the EcoTools® Blending & Bronzing Brush.
5. I opted for a soft pink flush using the EcoTools® Angled Face Brush. I concentrated the color on the apples of my cheeks, diffusing the color out towards my hair line.
6. My face shape isn’t built for contour, but I love me some highlighter. I added a bit of glow to the top of my cheekbone using the EcoTools® Highlighting Fan Brush.
7. Next, I warmed up my face with a bit of bronzer. I swirled the color along my hairline and jaw using the EcoTools® Blending & Bronzing Brush.
Burt’s Bees® BB Cream has a thicker texture that really benefits from being warmed up on the skin. To get a flawless finish, I find it’s best to warm it up with my fingers before applying to my skin. I really work the product in to my skin, using my fingertips in a circular motion. Due to the physical sunscreen, it can look like you have a cast on your skin at first, but keep blending. It just sinks into the skin giving you a dewy, healthy finish. To make sure there aren’t any lines around the face, I use the EcoTools® Blending & Bronzing Brush to blur the edges.
Working with a bright lip color can be intimidating. I start by applying the lip color with a brush (EcoTools® Detailed Lip Liner Brush) along the edges. I essentially line my lips with the lipstick and then go over it with the color directly from the tube. That way I get precise application and full coverage. Also, because I’m old school, I blot with a tissue and then reapply the color to get the most of its 8-hour wear time.
You can find Burt’s Bees® products in the Natural Beauty section of WalMart and EcoTools® are located in the Cosmetic Accessories section. To purchase online, visit WalMart.com.
Fun fact! By tagging #MyTrueBeauty, EcoTools is dontating $1 (up to $100k) to help provide educational support to women around the world.
How have you changed up your beauty look for spring? Do you have a favorite bright lip shade? Have you tried the Burt’s Bees® BB Cream or Lipsticks?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Burt’s Bees® & EcoTools®. Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand. The opinions and text are all mine. Product samples were provided by reps for Burt’s Bees and EcoTools. Affiliate links may appear in this post. When you purchase through an affiliate link, you help support this site. For more info view my Disclosure Policy.