Archive for the 'News' Category
If you’re loving textured nail polish, you will not be left wanting. New colors from OPI are on the horizon and they’ve re-teamed with EON Productions to make them Bond Girl themed.
OPI Joins Bond 007 to Release Six New Revolutionary Liquid Sand™ Nail Lacquers Inspired by 50 Years of James Bond
OPI announces the launch of Bond Girls, a collection of six new Liquid Sand™ nail lacquers featuring a textured, matte finish infused with reflective sparkle fitting the allure surrounding the Bond Girls. In hues of white, pink, blue, purple, gold and coral, Bond Girls offers a range of shimmering shades with the distinctive Liquid Sand finish.
“OPI is extremely excited to partner again with EON Productions,” says Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI co-founder & Artistic Director. “Following the success of the holiday promotion with the latest James Bond film, Skyfall, it’s been a thrill to create colors for the women who’ve captured Bond’s attention over the last five decades.
The colors were announced this morning at a press event in NYC and OPI added a twist by incorporating Shatter with the Liquid Sand colors. Check it out!
Click here to view more pictures and read the rest of this story.
See that cute little box under the word “Connect” on my sidebar? That’s Google Friend Connect and the wizards at Google are taking that away from us non-Blogger blogs in March. Thanks peeps! It’s their way of forcing us into the land of Google+ which it seems that no one is really using.
So for the 4,000+ of you who use GFC I want to make sure you have plenty of options to still follow ALU and get updates of new posts.
Bloglovin - Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AllLacqueredUpFans
Feedblitz email notifications - http://www.feedblitz.com/f?sub=210622
Google+ – https://plus.google.com/110240764910859451284
Hello Cotton - http://www.hellocotton.com/mypage/alllacqueredup
Pinterest - https://pinterest.com/alllacqueredup/
RSS for feed readers - http://feeds2.feedburner.com/AllLacqueredUp
Tumblr - http://alllacqueredup.tumblr.com/
Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/alllacqueredup
Follow one, follow all. All sources will now receive updates of new posts though each one has slightly different content outside of that.
Happy 2012 Fanatics! I hope your NYE was fun, safe and free of any regrettable actions (drunk texts, hangovers, etc). Mine was relatively low key spent with good friends and enjoying an amazing meal with the boyfriend.
I, for one, was ready to watch the door hit 2011 as it left and am embracing 2012 with welcome, open arms. Instead of recapping the past year, because it pretty much blew, I’ve spent the past couple weeks doing a lot of reflecting on ALU and what I want to do with it going forward. How I want to kick off its 5th year. That’s right, ALU turns FIVE today. Crazy, right? Where did the time, and my youth, go?
I have a lot of fun things in store for the upcoming months that I hope you will enjoy.
- A 5 year blogoversary is a reason blow the roof off so, much like I celebrate my own birthday, I’m keeping the party going all month long with a bunch of amazing giveaways. They will be random and only last for 24 hours so make sure you check back often so you don’t miss a chance to win some great nail loot.
- The Fanatic Favorites is back and nominations will begin this week. If you aren’t familiar, take a look at last year’s results and start thinking about which brands/colors were your faves in 2011.
- I’m reinstating the “Untrieds” series but not in a 365 format. I decided to make it a permanent thing until my bin of Untrieds, is empty. And by bin, I mean 5 gallon storage tub. OY! Instead of every day you will see 3-5 untried polishes each week and my goal is to make sure they are accessible unless it’s something I just HAVE to share.
- The amount of new nail polish brands on the market is getting kind of ridiculous and trying to cover them all is impossible. At this point there doesn’t seem to be a clothing chain out there without a private label line of stock colors. I want to focus on the brands I really love, that are accessible and consistently deliver quality. Tried & true staples like Chanel, China Glaze, CND, Deborah Lippmann, Essie, Nubar, Orly, OPI, Rescue Beauty Lounge, Sally Hansen, Zoya (just to name a few). Of course that doesn’t mean smaller, up and coming brands won’t get love from ALU but I will only share things with you I feel are really worth seeking out. Cult Nails, for example, is one to watch.
- While I am admittedly a noob when it comes to video, I have been researching and my plan is to incorporate more video tutorials in 2012.
- And speaking of video, I am also working on launching a regular live show where we can interact in real time.
Of course, I am open to your suggestions and I would love to hear your thoughts. I just ask that they be constructive and feasible. Also, if there is a series or type of post I have done in the past that you really miss, let me know.
Curious what sparkler I chose for NYE? Stay tuned!
Have you been following the drama that transpired after I originally announced the China Glaze & Hunger Games nail polish collaboration? After word of a lawsuit emerged I thought for sure the collection was dead and then I read on Crushable that Lionsgate finally CONFIRMED that the collection is indeed happening but that the theme, and possibly the colors, would change.
Well, thanks to The Hob we now know that while the theme has changed, the colors have not. Phew! I loved the original color palette so I’m happy that is staying the same.
The official name is now the China Glaze “Colours From The Capitol” Collection.
In keeping with the powerful themes and messages of the story, the collection of nail polish will be inspired exclusively by one of the book’s distinct settings—the Capitol of the nation of Panem. Awash in lavish fashion, food, and entertainment, Capitol citizens enjoy extreme cosmetics and body modifications, bold wigs, and outlandish costumes.
Though as a reader of The Hob pointed out, the polish names coincide with the specialties of each district.
Luxe and Lush – District 1 (Luxury)
Stone Cold – District 2 (Masonry)
Riveting – District 3 (Technology)
Hook and Line – District 4 (Fishing)
Electrify – District 5 (Power)
Fast Track – District 6 (Transportation)
Mahogany Magic – District 7 (Lumber)
Dress Me Up – District 8 (Textiles)
Harvest Moon – District 9 (Grain)
Foie Gras – District 10 (Livestock)
Agro – District 11 (Agriculture)
Smoke and Ashes – District 12 (Mining)
Are you as relieved as I am that the collection is NOT dead? What do you think of the new theme and names?
The China Glaze Colours From The Capitol collection releases on March 1st and The Hunger Games premieres on March 23rd. Let the countdown begin!
May the odd be ever in your favor.
image: The Hob
It’s a new life. For me. And I’m feeling good (great).
I know many of you are worried/upset/mad/concerned/disgusted about my obvious absence from ALU and I’m very happy to report that is has come to an end. You see, the last 6+ months have been a real struggle, the past few months being the worst.
Last June, my partner lost his job and to say it’s been tough would be an understatement. He is a personable, educated man and neither of us expected it to take this long for him to find a new position. We also didn’t expect the toll it would take on us both mentally.
I’m generally a pretty positive person and way too optimistic thanks to my glass-is-three-quarters-full mother. She instilled in me the idea that things always work out for the best and I really believed that. Well, the last few months I gave up on it all. I became bitter and lost all hope in humanity. It sounds overly dramatic but I’m someone who has battled depression in the past and it felt like I was drowning without a life preserver anywhere in sight.
The point of all this TMI is that with everything going on in my personal life, I just couldn’t bring myself to write about nail polish. Something that brings me so much joy. To have fun and wax whimsical about polish at a time when I just wanted to punch kittens (not literally, I LOVE cats) just wasn’t happening. And rather than deliver a post that didn’t express my pure love of nails and color, didn’t do any of us justice.
Now on to the good news. I am OVERJOYED to report that the boyfriend has landed a wonderful job with a local CPA firm and I feel like I can finally breath again. More importantly, I feel like I can ENJOY nail polish and not feel guilty about it.
I KNOW I have a ton of catching up to do and I will do my best to cover the holiday collections before they pass us by. China Glaze and OPI are no brainers and we’ll go from there.
Thank you all for sticking with me and your emails/comments/tweets of concern. I love you!!