For the longest time, I avoided black eyeliner. I was convinced it was too harsh for me and I lived for my long discontinued MAC Graphic Brown Fluidline. But when my Graphic Brown supply finally ran out I forced myself to go out of my comfort zone and experiment with new products and colors.
I now embrace black liner and when I wear another color, it seems too subtle. Go figure, right? So, as part of the latest Makeup Wars, I’m sharing the best black eyeliners in my stash with you.
My Favorite Black Eyeliners
1. MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack ($16, Nordstrom.com) – Fluidline gel liner intimidated me at first but now it’s my go-to, preferred formulation. Using an angled brush, I get precise application that can be as thin or thick as I like it. It glides on like butter and wears so well.
2. Milani Eye Tech Liquid Eye Liner in Black ($6.99, Drugstore.com) – When I want drama, this is what I reach for. This felt tip liquid liner applies pretty thick so, for me, it’s best reserved for evening or special occasion makeup. For the price, it delivers tons of pigment.
3. COVERGIRL Ink It! in Charcoal Ink ($5.99, Target.com) – When I’m in a rush and don’t feel like bothering with a brush, Ink It! comes to my rescue. This twist-up liner pencil is super smooth, no dragging here, and rich with color. I like the charcoal shade as it adds a little smoky drama for days that I don’t want a jet black look.
4. Urban Decay Ink For Eyes in Peversion ($20, Sephora.com) – UD recently released a new lineup of Peversion (aka black) liners in a range of formulas and applicators. This felt tip pen applicator is much thinner than the Milani so I can use it to create a really crisp but thin line along my lash line. It’s perfect for a baby cat eye or wing.
5. Urban Decay All Nighter Eyeliner ($20, Sephora.com) – Also part of the new Peversion liner release, this twist-up pencil delivers intense inky color that is waterproof and budge-proof. I’ve been using it a lot on my lower waterline.
What are your go-to black eyeliners? Do you plan to pick up any of my faves?