It’s Earth Day and while there are lots of beauty brands making strides to make their products, packaging and philanthropy more eco-concious, there are a few brands that stand out above the rest for their efforts. Today, I’m looking at brands and products that are putting the environment first.
1. Zoya Earth Day Nail Polish Exchange ($4.50-5/ea, Zoya.com) – I shared this news the other day but it bears repeating. From now through April 28th, you can purchase 6-24 new Zoya nail polishes for 50% off (Summer collections excluded) and in return, you send Zoya your old, unwanted nail polish for proper disposal according to EPA standards. For more details visit Blog.Zoya.com.
2. L’Occitane Refill Pouches (LOccitane.com) – L’Occitane is reducing packaging by offering refill pouches for their popular shampoos, conditioners and washes. From now through April 30th, buy a full-size product and get the refill pouch at 50% OFF using code EARTH. Also available in-store.
3. Urban Decay Good Karma Brushes ($20-39, UrbanDecay.com and Beauty.com) – From the packaging (recycled egg cartons), to the bristles (recycled PET bottles) to the handles (recycled aluminum), these Urban Decay brushes are not only an eco-friendly dream, they really perform.
4. emerginC (emerginC.com) – For every product sold on April 22nd, emerginC will plant not 1 but 2 indigenous trees, helping your skin and healing the planet.
5. Aveda Light The Way Candle ($12, Aveda.com) – 100% of the purchase price helps protect clean water, supporting Global Greengrants Fund water-related projects around the world. The candle glass is made from 100% reclaimed beverage bottles and the carton is made from 90% post-consumer recycled content.
6. Kiehl’s Earth Day Rare Earth Cleansing Masque ($23, Kiehls.com) Ashley Judd and Anthony Mackie teamed up with the brand on these limited edition skin care labels. 100% of the profits from each sold will be donated to Recycle Across America. I recently ran out of my jar so this is a perfect excuse to restock.
7. Avalon Organics ($10.50-10.99, AvalonOrganics.com) – If you’re in the market for a sulfate-free shampoo that is NSF/ANSI 305 certified organic and comes in a bottle made of 100% recycled products, look no further than Avalon Organics. I’ve picked up their Awapuhi Mango Therapy and Olive & Grape Seed moisturizing shampoos from Whole Foods and I’m a fan.
Have you made your list for the Zoya Earth Day Exchange? What colors are you planning to get? Do you do anything special for Earth Day? Will you pick up any of these eco-friendly products?Disclosure: Affiliate links appear in this post. When you purchase through an affiliate link, you help support this site. For more info view my Disclosure Policy.