Fanatics, I’m back!!!Â I know it’s only been a week but it seems like forever.Â I’ve been dying to share the new site with you.Â I hope the small changes I’ve made will be helpful and make your ALU viewing experience more pleasurable.Â Here’s what’s new…
- The Gallery – This is the biggest and most exciting part of the new site.Â I now have a gallery to house all my swatch photos.Â Just click the menu bar link above to check it out.
- The gallery is divided into 2 main sections, Nail Polish by Color and Nail Polish Color Comparisons but I’m just getting started and will add additional sections as it expands.
- I went with the color grouping method after taking some informal polls on Facebook and Twitter. It was a pretty tight race between Brand & Color but in the end I felt Color would be more useful.Â If you want to see swatches from a specific brand, select that Label from the tabbed box (right).
- The thumbnail image on each color album is of the most recent upload to that gallery.Â Every time I update a gallery, I will update the thumbnail so you’ll know there’s new content.
- You can comment on each image so if you have a question, leave it there.
- As you can imagine, grouping polishes into color families is not an easy task so if you have suggestions or feel a color is incorrectly categorized, let me know.
- Gallery Navigation – Hover your mouse over the side of the open image and directional arrows will appear to help you navigate the gallery.
- New Comment Structure – One of the major issues I had with Blogger was replying to comments.Â It was such a pain to try and reply to everyone at the bottom of each post.Â The new structure allows me to reply individually to each of you AND allows you to reply to other Fanatics.Â Fun, right?
- Easier Navigation – I’ll be the first to admit, my sidebars were getting pretty cluttered.Â Thanks to the tabbed box (right) my Top Posts (most viewed), your Recent Comments and my post Labels (categories) are easier to read.
Overall, I feel the site looks cleaner and it should run smoother.Â I didn’t want to make a drastic change, just minor improvements.Â I’m still getting the hang of this new blogging software (WordPress) and I have a TON of photos to upload but I’m definitely pleased with how things turned out.Â I hope you are too.
I’ve already uploaded 300+ photos to the Gallery and I’m working my way through my files one brand at a time.Â So head on over and take a peek and let me know what you think.