All Lacquered Up Turns One
One year ago on this very day, I was doing an online search for images and info about upcoming polish collections when the idea to start this blog hit me. I love the MUA nail board, they are super sleuths when it comes to nail news but, the board search function sucks. Try searching for posts about the China Glaze X collection and you’ll see what I mean.
So in essence, All Lacquered Up started as a holding ground for my NOTD and product swatch images, nail related articles and links and upcoming collection information. I never could have imagined that it would get so much attention and love.
I can’t begin to express how much the support of the nail board community, my fellow bloggers and every one of you means to me. Thank you for making my first year blogging incredibly fulfilling. I hope that year two will be even better.
I started this site with my nail resolutions and dreams and I will continue the tradition today. A few of them even came true so I hope that by putting my wishes out into the universe, they will somehow materialize.
- China Glaze will re-release the Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection and add a sparkly green called Emerald City.
- OPI will follow MAC’s lead and do an Originals-like “best of” collection. My picks for included shades: Rainforest, Jasper Jade, Black Magic Mountain, La Boheme, Black Tie Optional, Hollywood & Wine, Tucumcari Boys N Berry, Vampire State Building, Eat’n Eggplant, Yankee Pankee Plum, Pluto Plum and Galactic Spice. Please OPI, bring these beauties back and help stop the Ebay scalpers from banking on our love for these gorgeous shades.
- That I will find a way to embrace the sheers that will be popular this spring.
- A major salon brand will produce an emerald green holo.
- The new Big 3 Free formulas will continue to improve and be less thick and goopy.
- I will take the time to actually wear more of the polish that I’m constantly swatching.
- That the “almost black” madness will end. I love the dark blues, greens, purples, grays, etc. but when no one but me can tell what color they are, I may as well slap on a cheap black instead. Part of the fun of wearing polish is when people notice how unique and pretty the color is.
- A salon brand releases a glossy forest green and navy creme in a streak-free non-goopy formula.
- See CND Team Red in action at Fashion Week.
- After getting the opportunity to meet the brains behind Zoya, I hope to meet any of the amazing women that shape the nail world; Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, Essie Weingarten, Deborah Lippmann, Jan Arnold, Susie McCready, etc.