I was doing my daily blog reading when I came across Baze’s post over at the Glamour Beauty Insider about getting pedicures in the winter. Even though it’s freezing here, when holiday party season hits I still love to pull out my favorite special occasion peep-toes. And in my opinion, that means your nails and feet gotta look good. But you don’t always have time for a full pedicure during the shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking madness of the season. So I say FAKE IT!
In general I’m not a fan of fake anything; acrylics, stark white french manicures, costume jewelry, etc. but in this case I make an exception. I never thought I’d share this with the public but if it helps a fellow nail gal, it’s worth it.
A couple weeks ago my company held their holiday party. Cleveland was snow free so I felt it was safe to wear my black satin peep toe slingbacks. Problem was that my toe polish was chipped and my heels were looking rough from padding around barefoot on my hardwood floors. With the clocking ticking and me running late as usual, I had to rely on my quick fake pedi fix.
I do my fake pedi about an hour before I step in the shower.
- Try on your peep toes and see which toes show, even partials count.
- Remove toe polish.
- Quickly file the nails that will show (if needed). Don’t bother with buffing. No one is getting that close to your feet.
- Slap on two quick coats of color to the toes that will show. Keep an orange stick on hand to remove any wet polish that hits your skin.
- Apply quick drying top coat (Seche Vite, Poshe).
- Wait 30-60 minutes and hop in the shower with your foot file. Scrub scrub scrub your heels.
- Immediately after showering, remove any remaining polish mistakes from your skin/cuticles with your orange stick. The water and steam will soften the skin and make removal a breeze.
- Moisturize your heels with a non-greasy lotion. You don’t want to be slipping on the soles.
- Hop into your shoes and off you go.
No one will know the difference and you’ll feel so much better knowing that your feet look pampered. And no matter how much those cute shoes hurt, DON’T TAKE THEM OFF! There are some secrets you need to keep to yourself.