I haven’t posted an actual Nail Of The Day look in a while. Thanks to a fellow nailie and shopping buddy that hunted down the Sally Hansen Fall Runway Collection on Cleveland’s west side, I have this beauty to show you.
The collection was designed and inspired by fashion designer Tracy Reese in collaboration with Sally Hansen. Playing on the idea of contrasts (black & white, navy & white, bright coral & black) the collection is has a varied palette of shades.
- Black Patent (jet black) â€“ Official shade that walked the runway
- Alabaster (off white/eggshell) â€“ Official shade that walked the runway
- Navy Venom (dark navy/ink)
- Baroque Bronze (metallic brown)
- Grenadine Glaze (rich metallic pink with a tint of gold glaze)
- Rose Carthane (metallic coral with a tint of pink)
- Mulberry Glaze (metallic purple/grape)
- Cerise Noir (Bordeaux)
- Plum Licorice (deep metallic purple/plum)
- The Deepest Violet (matte purple)
Two of them showed up on the Tracy Reese Fall 2007 runway in the form of a half moon manicure using Black Patent and Alabaster.
Even though I own other shades from the Salon line, this is actually the first one I’ve worn and I was quite pleased. The application was smooth and easy to control. The lacquer was well pigmented and opaque with two coats and the shimmer is minimal which makes Navy Venom a great everyday shade. The wear wasn’t really the best but I’m sure all the packing and moving I’ve been doing played a part in that so I can’t give a final ruling in that department.
With the prominence of blue polish this fall, this color definitely makes my list and should have been included with my Fall Trend picks.