My first real spring break was during my freshman year in college. My girlfriends and I hit the road for Daytona Beach and a week of crazy fun. We borrowed my mom’s station wagon, complete with rear under-floor seats (perfect for smuggling booze) and proceeded to break a gallon, yes gallon, of Everclear (aka grain alcohol) in the trunk. It smelled like a still, real subtle.
Now that I live with a CPA, spring break doesn’t start until after April 15th. It’s so close I can taste it. Counting down the days, you guys! So, it’s perfect timing that the Top 10 Tuesday gang is sharing their favorite Spring Break Beauty items this week.
1. Urban Decay Naked Palette ($54, UrbanDecay.com)- I’m a broken record, I know. But I can’t imagine taking a trip without a Naked palette. And the warm-toned original works best with a faux glow. Plus, with such a wide range of shades, I can use it as both shadow and liner.
2. Urban Decay Naked Skin Body Beauty Balm ($34, Sephora.com)- I tend to wear sundresses every night on vacation, so I want my exposed skin to look its best. I’m giving my gams a subtle sheen with this balm.
3. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen ($10.99, Drugstore.com)- Sunscreen is essential in a sunny locale but, I hate, HATE, the smell of coconuts. Therefore, I avoid most traditional sunscreens. Plus, I can’t stand the heavy, greasy feel a lot of spray versions have. That’s why I’m all about Neutrogena Ultra Sheer. It’s smells fresh with no heavy residue.
4. Maybelline Dream Pure BB ($5.95, Drugstore.com) – Minimal makeup is the key to spring break beauty, so I’m all about a BB cream. This one from Maybelline has a mattifying effect while lightly evening out my skin tone.
5. Fresh Sugar Rose Extreme Lip Treatment SPF 15 ($22.50, Sephora.com) – Like I said, I like to keep it simple on vacay. Therefore, I opt for a goes-with-everything lip option. This tinted balm smells beautiful and includes SPF (can never have enough protection).
6. Nubar Fan Club ($4.75, eBay.com) – For a lot of us, spring break is the first time we can break out our sandals so we need a fab pedicure to go with them. I’m all for bold blues this season, so Fan Club would be my choice. See some more options HERE.
7. Bumble and bumble Surf Spray ($27, Sephora.com) – My hair has Monica-Gellar-in-Barbados syndrome in extreme humidity. As much as I try to fight the frizz, when in a tropical location, I attempt to embrace my natural wave. Surf Spray adds texture with a control that keeps my tresses from mushrooming out.
8. Scunci Hollywood Roll Headband ($9.97, Walmart.com) – When all else fails, insert cute hair accessories. The headband roll-up trend is perfect for that, and Scunci makes it easier to achieve with a built-in roll to fold your hair around.
9. Gillette Venus Snap ($10.99, Drugstore.com) – Smooth skin is essential when you’re spending most of your time in swimsuits and shorts but who wants to pack a full-size razor? This cute little Snap from Gillette Venus even comes with a draining carrying case.
10. Secret Brazil Rainforest Mist Clear Gel Deodorant ($4.49, Amazon.com) – The combination of heat, humidity and activity can leave you feeling not so fresh. You need a powerful deodorant on the case. The Destinations collection from Secret has the same super-strength of original Secret with a tropical scent. I’ve been wearing Brazil Rainforest Mist lately, and have had people compliment me on my perfume (shh, don’t tell).
What items do you carry on spring break? Have you been on vacay recently? Or do you have a fun trip coming up? What is your favorite beach vacation spot?