Fall 2007 Couture Nail Watch – Christian Lacroix

By on July 19, 2007
in Paris Couture F/W 07 with 17 Comments

Vampy plum nails rocked the runway at Christian Lacroix. I have a feeling that Rock Royalty, the new purple in Creative’s Imperial Anarchy collection, will be a close match.

Can anyone tell what brand of polish this is? I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of a brand that uses a light colored cap like that. If you know, please post in the comments.

photos: Style.com

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Karrie says:

The cylindrical smaller style and the goldish cap say Dior to me?

2. thatgurl says:

I’ve also seen B&BW “By Nature” bottles like that. Heaven knows they didn’t use B&BW nail polish….

3. CincyFan says:

Hey, my first thought was Milani polish because of the cap color. I’m sure they didn’t use Milani either but I’m stumped.

4. Karrie says:

let me see if this pic will post here, it’s a Dior Addict polish, and since you can’t see the embellishment on top the way she’s holding it, it makes it possible. http://pics2.spoonfeeder.com/AieFTPFiles/AIEUser/U22C6FRC4WQA/U3MMAU6CVCMB.JPG

5. Karrie says:

guess it didn’t work, and it won’t let me edit, here’s a new link: http://tinyurl.com/23uquv

6. Jeda21 says:

Estee Lauder uses gold toppers for their nail polish pottles.

7. Sarah says:

I agree with the Dior. I have one bottle of their polish & the top in that picture looks like the one I have.

8. Anonymous says:

Those bottles look like rescue beauty lounge to me. If you look at their website they have square bottles with light brushed gold caps.

9. Anonymous says:

YSL no. 34 is a deep plum that was featured in Vogue.

10. hello says:

that shade reminds me of Dior Addict no 690

11. Anonymous says:

It looks like OPI Designer Series to me…

12. Skin Care Beauty Zone says:

hi

i think it might be “milani” nail polish.

13. GablesGirl says:

I think it looks like the bottle tapers from the neck so I was thinking it’s an OPI design polish with the silver cap. I would think the holo would show up in the photo but maybe not w/ the lighting.

14. Denette says:

It looks very much like a bottle of OPI by the shape of the cap and the shape of the bottle in her hand. I don’t think it is a DS shade (I am not sure if they have a shade that dark in the DS line) but if definitely looks like the silver DS cap. I wonder if they took a brush from a DS shade (cleaned it off of course) and started using it in an older bottle of polish that doesn’t have the ProWide brush. I know I want to do that with some of my ProWide polishes that I don’t use as often as my non ProWide polishes. I just LOVE that wide brush. It really helps with the speed of the application. But that still leaves the question – what is the shade they are using?

15. Anonymous says: